It has been a tough couple of months in respect to professional help. First off my therapist cut down her hours to noon to three, and days to Monday, Wednesday , and Friday. My Appointments used to be on Tuesday at 6 pm. Her new hours do not work for me because of my job. I did have a choice. I could have told my employer about my Bi Polar. I could have asked for a reasonable accommodation under ADA. In the past when an accommodation was asked for, that employee was gone within 6 months. Oh the reason was job performance. Even though the employees performance was the same as it was before the accommodation was asked for. As much as I would like to ask for an accommodation, I need my job.
That leaves me with out a therapist. I am still looking for a new therapist that I feel comfortable with. It is turning out to be a long process. I knew it would take some time since it took 4 months to find my original therapist. So that search continues.
My pdoc let me know last week that she is cutting down her hours. Additionally she will no longer be seeing patients at the location that I had been using. The only location she will be seeing patients at, and the times she will be seeing patients at, is quite a distance for me. I see her on October 14th for the last time. She has me set up with another doctor in the practice. Of course there will be the ever popular intake appointment. The biggest concern here is whether or not he will continue the current drug therapy or not. I hope he does. I have always had a rough time switching meds.
So after this many years, I find myself starting over again. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition and there will be a good comfort level. Otherwise it is back onto the merry-go-round of searching. wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment